Connect with us

Sports

Even Mahama knows Akufo-Addo brought Free SHS – PK Sarpong to Bridget Otoo

Published

on

 

Even Mahama knows Akufo-Addo brought Free SHS – PK Sarpong to Bridget Otoo

BRIDGET OTOO ON FREE SHS : EVEN MAHAMA KNOWS FREE SHS BELONGS TO AKUFO-ADDO

One could sense tears of unhappy expectation coursing down the cheeks of Bridget Otoo when she was crediting John Mahama with the implementation of the Free Senior High School policy.

On Starr FM, this politically naive journalist actually said that John Dramani Mahama started the implementation of the Free SHS policy saying he built schools and paid fees of some students and that piloted the project.

Even her own siblings and Mahama’s kids do know that Free SHS is a project conceptualized, birthed and groomed by President Akufo-Addo. The idea of Free SHS began way back in 2008 by Nana Addo.

When he proposed the policy, it felt so alien to Ghanaians, especially members of the opposition National Democratic Congress. Including Mahama, Nana Addo’s Free SHS proposition was bastardized, lampooned and derided by the NDC in 2008 and 2012.

To the extent that John Mahama commissioned over forty advertisements to be made against Free SHS in 2012 speaks volumes of his aversion to the implementation of such a project.

Even in the 2016 elections, the Free SHS idea was ridiculed by Mr. Mahama and his appointees. They said it was a pipe dream, a mere wishful thinking and many other negative descriptive adjectives were used against it.

How come this newbie is telling us now that Free SHS was implemented by Mahama? Even the marines would not buy into this barefaced lie being told by Bridget Otoo.

She should go to bed with her empty emotions and effusions. Even Mahama would scoff at this claim she is making. She has a long way to go with her political communications if that is where she is headed to.

P.K. Sarpong, Whispers from the Corridors of the Thinking Place.

Sports

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers: Ghana To Miss Jordan Ayew And Amartey Against South Africa

Published

on

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers: Ghana To Miss Jordan Ayew And Amartey Against South Africa

The Black Stars are set to do without some first team players for their upcoming back-to-back games against Ethiopia and South Africa.

Premier League clubs have decided against releasing players for September’s round of World Cup qualifiers which are due to take place in Covid-19 red-listed countries, ruling Crystal Palace striker Jordan Ayew, Leicester City centre-back Daniel Amartey and Brentford winger Tariqe Fosu out of Ghana’s showdown away against South Africa.

 

According to a statement by the FA, nearly 60 players from 19 clubs have been affected by the decision.

 

South Africa, who are on the UK’s coronavirus red list, are set to host Ghana for a Group G matchday two fixture in Johannesburg on September 6.

“Premier League clubs have today reluctantly but unanimously decided not to release players for international matches played in red-list countries next month,” the FA announced on their official website on Tuesday.

“The clubs’ decision, which is strongly supported by the Premier League, will apply to nearly 60 players from 19 Premier League clubs who are due to travel to 26 red-list countries in the September international window.

“This follows Fifa’s current position not to extend its temporary release exception for players required to quarantine on their return from international duty.

“Extensive discussions have taken place with both The FA and the Government to find a solution, but due to ongoing public health concerns relating to incoming travellers from red-list countries, no exemption has been granted

Ghana are set to open their World Cup qualifiers with a home clash with Ethiopia on September 3 before making the trip to South Africa.
Earlier this month, Black Stars coach CK Akonnor unveiled a provisional list of 30 players for the uncoming double-header, the roster including Ayew, Amartey and Fosu.

 

http://Read Full Story Here https://prod.goal-legacy.footballco.cloud/en-gh/news/world-cup-2022-qualifiers-ghana-dealt-jordan-ayew-and/8d5r7pnn5azl172bw3wg0jkp4

 

 

 

Peacefmonline.com

Continue Reading

General News

UTAG is Setting A Bad Precedent For Disobeying Court Injunction – Kabila

Published

on

UTAG is Setting A Bad Precedent For Disobeying Court Injunction – Kabila

Former Acting General Secretary of the Convention People’s Party (CPP), James Kwabena Bomfeh, has slammed the UTAG executives for not obeying the injunction order by a High Court regarding their industrial action.

UTAG has refused to call off their strike despite calls on them to return to work.

The National Labour Commission, in an attempt to compel them to resume work, secured an injunction from an Accra High Court but the University lecturers Association has defied the court ruling.

According to UTAG President, Prof. Charles Marfo, the injunction has rather worsened the case for the Labour Commission.

“We were almost reaching a consensus until the government’s court issue arose. Now, a whole new ballgame has started because we’re also asking our lawyers to go to court . . . We were getting there. We were pushing; now this argument I’m making is lost,” he said.

Addressing the issue during Peace FM’s ”Kokrokoo”, James Kwabena Bomfeh, popularly called Kabila, bemoaned the UTAG response to the Labour Commission’s injunction.

According to him, UTAG somehow disrespecting the injunction must be condemned in no uncertain terms stressing ”if care is not taken and we allow for positive defiance against a court ruling, we will be setting a certain bad precedent”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Source: Peacefmonline.com

Continue Reading

Sports

Vote: KOTOKO vs HEARTS, Which Team Wins Today?

Published

on

Vote: KOTOKO vs HEARTS, Which Team Wins Today?

Press on the Faint Circle before your preferred Team, then Press Vote to submit. Good luck!

 

Continue Reading

Trending